Give patients multiple options for fast, convenient payments online and in-office
The Patient Financial Engagement solution provides automated and self-service patient payment functionalities that are specifically tailored for medical practices and organizations. PFE provides multiple payment options that accelerates the payment process. PFE makes it simple for healthcare service providers to increase cash flow and improve patient satisfaction.
Patient Financial Engagement for Small to Medium businesses is a patient payment solution for medical practices which enables patients to make online and in-office payments with multiple payment options: credit card, debit card, FSA/HSA cards, ACH payments from their bank, or splitting payments between two sources.
Patient Financial Engagement for Enterprise is a multi-lingual patient payment platform designed for large health systems, multi-office, provider practices or hospitals. PFE for Enterprise enables larger healthcare service delivery organizations to achieve efficiencies in automated online invoice presentment, payment processing and platform integration, and reconciliation.
Payspan has over 1.3 million provider payees registered to receive electronic payments on our secure network. With Payspan’s Patient Financial Engagement for small to medium-sized businesses (PFE for SMB) solution, you can help your patients manage their growing healthcare cost burden.
Payspan offers the technology and medical payments expertise to empower your medical practices. PFE for SMB is designed for medical practices to allow patients to make online and in-office payments. PFE for SMB offers multiple payment options, automates recurring payments, and supports reconciliation of patients’ accounts. It comes with financial tools—QuickPay and Online Bill—to help medical organizations manage and control their business operations.
Payspan makes it easy for medical practices to conduct seamless reconciliation and posting of payments back to patients’ accounts and manage their finances with our unique payer and provider collaboration.
We help medical providers by providing simplified and streamlined healthcare payment solutions. Let us automate your patient financial operations.
Faster and Flexible Payment Options
- Pay via ACH bank withdrawal or credit, debit, or HSA/FSA card
- Store patients’ credit card information for future payments
- Enable patients to set up recurring payments weekly or monthly
- Preauthorize future payments for outstanding balances
Collect Payments Consistently
and On Time with QuickPay
QuickPay provides a choice of payment options at the point of service, which makes it easy for your patients to pay you consistently and on time. We designed this affordable PCI/HIPAA-compliant software solution to enable your practice to:
- Set up payment plans
- Pre-authorize future payments for outstanding balances
- Offer multiple payment options
- Store you patients’ credit card information securely and compliantly
Why not make it easy for patients to pay while increasing your collections and reducing your accounts receivable at the same time?
Multiple Payment Options at Point of Service
Many practices are still dependent on older, inflexible merchant terminals, but these credit card processing machines are limited. They cannot store credit card information, nor can they facilitate ACH payments.
QuickPay alleviates those limitations and offers more payment options for your patients. Our system can store credit card information securely and compliantly for future reference, so that your patients do not have to provide their credit card information each time they visit. This system offers multiple payment options. Your patients can make their co-pay or pay in full via:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- FSA/HSA cards
- ACH payments from their bank
- Splitting payments between two sources
Offering a range of payment options makes it easier for your patients to pay at the point of service, increasing both patient satisfaction and payment collections.
Offer Patients Convenient Payment Plans
Your practice may face challenges with patient payment collections as more patients struggle to pay their escalating healthcare bills. QuickPay enables your staff to work with patients to set up a payment plan that they can handle, reducing the chance patients will avoid their patient responsibility altogether.
How it Works
- Your patients select the payment method that works best for them and the frequency of their payments to you, from weekly to monthly.
- You set up the payment plan once in the system to authorize automatically recurring payments.
- A form is provided for your patients to sign authorizing the payment plan.
Detailed Reconciliation Reports for Seamless Posting
Empower your staff to manage payment transactions and keep up-to-date records.
- Create reconciliation reports with patient demographics and financial information.
- Generate transaction reports with custom date ranges
- Accelerate medical payment activities with Payspan’s seamless payment solution
The result: With PFE for SMB, your patients have easy and multiple ways to pay. You increase payment collections and reduce the time it takes to collect. This payment process translates into faster payments to support and sustain your medical practice.
Online Bill Pay – Collect Online Payments 24/7
Online Bill Pay is another convenient way for patients to make payments. Our PCI-compliant software tool that enables your patients to make online payments wherever they are, on any smart device, at any time. Your patients have a simple and secure way to make a payment, with the highest level of compliance for e-commerce transactions.
How it works:
- Your patients do not have to create an account or remember any logon information.
- You provide a “Pay Now” button on your website embedded with an e-commerce link to a user-friendly page where your patients are presented with flexible payment options.
- Your patients securely make their responsibility payment via a credit, debit, or HSA/FSA card, or they can choose to authorize a withdrawal from their bank account.
- You track and manage your patient payments via transaction reports.
Our Online Bill Pay solution helps you increase collections and revenue and reduce calls from patients making payments over the phone.
“PaySpan has been a great asset to our company. Online Bill Pay gives the employees more time to work on other things. At the same time, it gives patients piece of mind that they do not have to provide personal information over the phone. The ability to make their own payments online and receive a receipt has worked out great.”
– Consolidated Medical
Customize Your Payment Tool
Your patients enjoy a seamless payment experience via a payment landing page that reflects your medical practice’s branding. The Payment Tool allows your administrators to:
- Customize the fields in the statement information section
- Add or delete fields
- Make any field(s) a requirement
Manage Payments with Transaction Reports
Online Bill Pay offers an advantage over standard point-of-sale credit card blocks, which can only process payments but cannot store data. Our tool enables you to:
- Generate reports about payments
- Align patients with the date, amount paid, status and payment method
- Set a date range for the report
- Export the reports to Excel
- Seamlessly reconcile payments to patient accounts
- Generate receipts for customers
Plus, transaction reports enable your office staff to keep accurate, up-to-date payment records, which improves efficiencies and reduces paperwork.
“Payspan’s Online Bill Pay is great for our patients because it’s quick, convenient, secure, and available 24/7! It’s great for our practice because we get more patient payments, in a faster timeframe, with less phone calls.”
Crystal Robertson, Office & Billing Manager
Georgia Skin Specialists, PC
Arrange for Future Settlement
QuickPay offers a unique future settlement feature that enables your staff to obtain authorization from your patients to charge their credit card on file if they still owe a balance after your claim has been paid. Your staff authorizes a maximum dollar amount that can be charged within 90 days depending on how much is owed.
As a result, any outstanding balances can be settled immediately after the health plan has paid, reducing your accounts receivable days to virtually zero.
How Can PFE for SMB Benefit Your Medical Practice?
- Increase your payment volume
- Increase revenue
- Reduce phone payments
- Manage and track payments more efficiently
- Customize your portal
- Offer convenient payment options
- Deliver positive payment experiences
Safety & Security
Request a Demo
(Sales Inquiries Only)